guest

guest

ผู้เยี่ยมชม

help@protectionforconsumers.com

  Got repeated calls from a collector for a Kansas debt I didn't recognize, here's what actually helped (5 อ่าน)

11 ก.ย. 2569 00:53

Sharing this because I wish I'd known it sooner. A collector kept calling me multiple times a day, sometimes before 8am, about a balance I had no memory of. What finally helped was learning that Kansas doesn't have its own state FDCPA, so you rely on the federal one, plus the Kansas Consumer Protection Act. That combo covers more than I expected.



Two things that stood out: they have to send you a written validation notice within 5 days of first contact, and you get 30 days to dispute in writing. If you dispute, everything has to stop until they prove the debt is actually yours. I sent mine certified mail and the calls stopped pretty fast.



Found this guide useful for the Kansas specifics like the 5 year statute of limitations on written contracts and the wage garnishment rules: https://protectionforconsumers.com/kansas-fair-debt-collection-practices-act-guide/



Anyone else deal with this in Kansas?

183.82.187.12

guest

guest

ผู้เยี่ยมชม

help@protectionforconsumers.com

ตอบกระทู้
Powered by MakeWebEasy.com
เว็บไซต์นี้มีการใช้งานคุกกี้ เพื่อเพิ่มประสิทธิภาพและประสบการณ์ที่ดีในการใช้งานเว็บไซต์ของท่าน ท่านสามารถอ่านรายละเอียดเพิ่มเติมได้ที่ นโยบายความเป็นส่วนตัว  และ  นโยบายคุกกี้